The refurbishment of Rod Laver Arena (RLA) is part of the $338 million stage two redevelopment which commenced in 2014.
The main elements of the RLA refurbishment include:
- New eastern-facing multi-storey main entrance
- Disability access upgrades (including the new DDA commercial lift by Platinum Elevators)
- Expanded public concourse space
- Accessible entrances to the seating bowl
- Significant back-of-house improvements to ensure that RLA can continue to host the best events in Australia
- Expanded loading dock and increased rigging capacity to over 100 tonnes – allowing Rod Laver Arena to attract bigger and better shows to Melbourne.
Enhanced food and beverage offerings and amenities will improve patron comfort, while back of house upgrades will ensure faster turn-around times for shows and productions at the arena.
Works are underway and due to be completed in time for the 2020 Australian Open.
DDA Lift Supplier
CONTACT PLATINUM ELEVATORS TODAY FOR A FREE QUOTE